Morning show hosts amaze me. When I arrive to my monthly WWL-TV gig at 7:30 a.m., they’ve already been awake for almost five hours. They’re bright-eyed, perfectly coiffed, and they’re the friendliest people with the whitest teeth you’ll ever see. Anyway, I’ve picked up some tips from the over the years. Below are tips for looking polished on T.V.
1. Use Crest Whitestrips the night before. Add red lipstick and your smile will blind passersby.
2. Spanx. The camera really does add 10 pounds.
3. Wear solids, not patterns. Brighter is better.
4. Sparkly earrings or statement necklaces look fantastic on camera.
5. Closed-toe shoes look better too. Nobody really wants to see your toes. High heels are a must.
6. Put on more makeup in darker hues than you would normally wear. The lighting can wash you out.
That’s all I can think of for now. Here’s a link to my appearance from this morning. (I ignored a few of these tips at my peril.) Enjoy!