HI ALL! Next week, an awesome Young Adult press called Prizm Books will release my debut novel, Destroying Angel. I’m anxious, happy and in need of your support—which first and foremost consists of buying the book. However, there are LOTS of other things you can do, given the chance. Many don’t require spending money.
1. Preorder the ebook here (paperback releases soon). The ebook costs $5.49, which is a good chunk of cash! I am SUPER grateful to everyone who wants to support my writing. Take a photo of yourself with your copy, and tag me—I will happily share it here and mention your website, pet project, Instagram feed, etc.
2. Come to the book release party at Pop City (3118 Magazine St.) on July 28, or just SAY you’re going on the Facebook event. We’re doing some fundraising at the event: one dollar from each purchase will be donated to the Louisiana SPCA. Plus, there will be free snacks and wine, and Bryan will play guitar for you.
3. Want to read the book but don’t have $5.49 to spare? Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a review copy. You can review it on Amazon.com, Goodreads, your blog, a newspaper… wherever’s clever. You can access my media kit here.
4. Want to support the book but don’t have $5.49 or time to actually read it? That’s fine, too. Share this post, tell someone about the book, or keep up with me on any number of social media channels.
5. Want to support the book, but don’t have $5.49, time to read it or desire to talk about it? Um… I’m not sure why you’re still reading, but thanks!
More info about the project: It’s a dark fantasy Young Adult novel. Here’s the 30-second pitch: “On the hunt for her deceased mother’s donated heart, 15-year-old Gates uncovers a world of body theft, interstellar drug trafficking and doctors who double as dealers. It holds secrets about Gates’ mother’s death—and the key to Gates’ survival.”
This obviously is a bizarre book, but Prizm took it on. Prizm is an imprint of Torquere Press, which in 2003 was among the first publishers of LGBT romance. So when you support my book, you’re also supporting the groundbreaking (and sexxxy) work Torquere does.
Once again, the link to preorder the book is here. I am grateful to make a living as a writer, and it is not possible without your continued support. Thank you all so, so, so, so much.